<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 19, 2004

It looks like Bob Woodward's new book, "Plan of Attack," is doing a good job of dividing the Bush Cabinet. Divide and Conquer, they say.

I don't tend to read books like this, though I thought of getting Karen Hughes' book, "Ten Minutes from Normal," because I do like her take on things. I haven't read any of Rush Limbaugh's books, or Bill O'Reilly's, or Sean Hannity's, or Ann Coulter's, or Bob Woodward's, or Richard Clark's, or Al Franken's... if you check out USA Today's top 150 best-selling books, I've read Patterson's "3rd Degree" and Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code." Well, of course I read all the Harry Potter's with my Son, and I read Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle," but they aren't on the list.

I've been more involved reading for RCIA and to my five year old. Walden's has a whole series of the "Dick and Jane" books that I learned to read with and she loves those! In fact, she's already able to read from them just through recognizing the words and what letters they start with.

I keep hearing that the Presidential election will be very close again this year. I think the division of the nation is now between those who pay taxes and those who don't, rather than between Republicans and Democrats. Why would anyone who doesn't pay taxes vote for a Republican? And why would anyone who pays taxes ever vote for a Democrat? Well, that's too simplistic, I know, since some people just vote the way their family has always voted... but I think we're headed more and more toward those who pay vs. those who don't. I can just see the USA having one of those strikes like Poland used to have, where the workers just don't show up for work.

This is probably why I liked Chapter 12 of the Didache:

12:1 But let every one who comes in the name of the Lord be received;
12:2 And then when you have tested him you shall know him, for you shall have understanding on the right hand and on the left.
12:3 If the visitor is a traveler, assist him, so far as you are able;
12:4 But he shall not stay with you more than two or three days, if it be necessary.
12:5 But if being a craftsman, he wishes to settle up with you, let him work for and eat his bread.
12:6 But if he has no craft, according to your wisdom provide how he shall live as a Christian among you, but not in idleness.
12:7 If he will not do this, he is trafficking upon Christ.

Or, "he is a Christ-peddler."

12:8 Beware of such men.


Idle hands are the devil's workshop. That's why this last weekend was so glorious... great weather and plenty of yardwork. :)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



powered by FreeFind