<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 03, 2004

A Disappointing Laundry List 

I'm pleased to read that the Methodist Conference is going to rexamine the acquittal of a lesbian pastor. Lest I appear to be ignoring the log in my own eye, my point isn't that the lesbian pastor is sinning, of course we all are, the point is that she admits the sin, doesn't seek to end it, doesn't believe she is sinning and seeks to lead a church.

I finished Peretti's "Visitation." I can't recommend it. I read some of the reviews on the Amazon site and just don't understand what people see, or saw, in this book. What is inspirational about reading a laundry list of all the problems and disappointments of church life? What is uplifting about reading about bad things happening to good people? What healing can come from reading about demons leading seeking people into their doom?

Oh well, on to the next book.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



powered by FreeFind