<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Mark Shea's web site (see the link on the left column) had a nice discussion yesterday about books to read to be converted. I thought I'd grab some of them and make a summer reading list:

Miracles
The Discarded Image
C.S. Lewis

Fundamentals of Faith
Making Sense of Suffering
Catholic Christianity: A Complete Catechism of Catholic Beliefs
A Summa of the Summa
Peter Kreeft

Quo Vadis
Henryk Sienkiewicz

The Story of a Soul
St. Therese of Lisieux

The Seven Story Mountain
Thomas Merton

Everlasting Man
Biography of St. Francis
Saint Thomas Aquinas: The Dumb Ox
Orthodoxy
GK Chesterton

Edmund Campion: Scholar, Priest, Hero and Martyr
Evelyn Waugh

Summa Theologica
Aquinas's Shorter Summa
St. Thomas Aquinas

Augustine of Hippo
Peter Brown

The Power and the Glory
Graham Greene

Well, of course I won't get to them all, but at least now I have a list. In particular, I don't believe I'm ready for St. Thomas Aquinas' "Summa Theologica" in a five volume set quite yet :)

Update note: I've left out C.S. Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters," "Mere Christianity," and "Suprised by Joy" since I'm already reading them. I left out "The Belief of Catholics" by Ronald Knox because I've read it and also "The Essential Catholic Catechism" by Alan Schreck.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



powered by FreeFind