<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 02, 2004


Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here,
and see my hands; and put out your hand, and
place it in my side; do not be faithless, but
believing." Thomas answered him, "My Lord and
my God!" Jesus said to him, "Have you believed
because you have seen me? Blessed are those who
have not seen and yet believe."

-- John 20:29


The Shroud of Turin is certainly an enigma. There are as many sites by scientists debunking it as there are by those mystified by it. The newest news, though, The Back of Turin Shroud shows its Face, makes the shroud all the more difficult to fake.

As a biblical aside, don't you think Thomas gets a bad rap in John 20? The other apostles, after all, were told by Mary Magdalene that Jesus had appeared to her... did they believe without seeing? I've been talking about Science and Religion a bit lately, with the help of Alicia at Fructus Ventris and Mark at Vociferous Yawpings. In the end, scientists are finding God in every grain of sand... what need have we to decide whether the Shroud is real or not?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



powered by FreeFind