<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 03, 2004

The Prayer of Faith 

RCIA on Monday will be Chapter 15: The Sacraments of Healing: Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick in Michael Pennocks, "The is Our Faith." One of the opening quotes is from James 5:15
The prayer of faith will save the sick person and the Lord will raise him up again; and if he has committed any sins, he will be forgiven."
I note that this does not say the sick person will be healed. I have no doubt that miraculous cures happen, but I struggle with faith healers and those who speak in tongues. I am very glad, in this Chapter, to find the Sacraments of Healing are nothing, nothing like faith healing. I'm very glad we don't see Catholics dancing with poisonous snakes.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



powered by FreeFind